Traveling to the Dominican Republic: Safety Tips and Precautions
Recent travel advisory warns of increased caution in the Dominican Republic.
– Violent crime, including robbery and sexual assault, is a concern.
Violent crime, armed robbery, homicide, and sexual assault are prevalent throughout the country.
– Exercise caution and remain vigilant at all times.
– Exercise caution when interacting with strangers from dating apps.
– Meet in public places and inform someone you trust about your plans.
– Incidents of sexual assault, including the use of date rape drugs, have been reported.
– Stay alert and aware of your surroundings in public areas.
– Never accept drinks from strangers and keep an eye on your beverages.
– Report any suspicious activity to resort staff or hotel management.
– Metropolitan areas like Santo Domingo may have higher crime rates.
– Avoid isolated and dark areas, especially when alone.
– Explore outdoor locations during daylight hours for increased safety.
– Minimize the display of valuable items like expensive jewelry.
– Use reliable transportation options provided by your hotel or reputable companies.
– Consider using ride-sharing services like Uber for added security.
– Report any incidents promptly to your hotel, local police, and the nearest embassy.