Finland :1st country to introduced digital passports
– The Finnish Border Guard launched a pilot program in 2022 that allows travelers to use their smartphones to verify their identity at border crossings.
– The digital passport is a secure app that contains the same information as a physical passport, such as the traveler's name, photo, date of birth, and passport number.
– The app also includes a QR code that can be scanned by border guards to verify the traveler's identity.
– The pilot program has been successful, and the Finnish Border Guard plans to roll out digital passports to all travelers in the coming years.
– The digital passport app is available for both iOS and Android devices.
– Travelers can create a digital passport account by downloading the app and providing their passport information.
– Once the account is created, travelers can upload a photo of themselves and their passport.
– The digital passport app uses a variety of security features to protect user data, including encryption and two-factor authentication.
– Other countries, such as Singapore and Estonia, are also developing digital passport programs.